Saturday, February 25, 2012

Midterm Frenzy

First semester is going really well so far. My Fundamentals in Music Theory class is pretty easy and straightforward so far. It's a zero-credit class, so it won't count towards my GPA, but it's required in order to continue with all the music programs.

I just had my percussion midterm this past Friday. I'd known about it for weeks and was pretty nervous, but am so relieved and happy now that it's over, and I got an A:) It was worth 50% of our total grade, and included a straightforward written part and a more intimidating playing part where we had to play the snare drum. My music reading skills are still developing, so I was not too confident about the playing part. But I practiced like crazy, and it paid off. Considering how far I've come so far (musically), I'm really freakin' proud of myself:)

I have my guitar midterm next Friday. A little nervous about that, but not as much as for percussion. I get to pick 3 songs and work at getting really good at playing them.

The semester is just about half over, and spring break is right around the corner! Things are looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment