Monday, October 17, 2011

Oh, Mylanta, This Might Actually Happen


Had my audition this past Friday. I was so nervous the night before, I woke up at 3am and couldn’t get back to sleep. So I just laid on the couch the rest of the night/early morning, watching the news. I was a little under the weather from a cold I was getting over, and was really worried that I wouldn’t be able to sing. I knew how important this audition was, and didn’t want anything to jeopardize it.

Ken came with me for moral support, which was a HUGE help. The audition was in a small office type music room, with a piano. I auditioned in front of the chairperson of classical voice at the university, and afterwards she informed me that she would be forwarding my audition form to the next level of consideration. The next day, I received a letter from the school, informing me that I’d passed my audition to be accepted into the Department of Music at Howard University! 

I haven’t actually been accepted into the school yet. I’m still waiting to hear from admissions. But getting into the program/department was what I was really worried about. I’m extremely relieved to be over this hurdle, but still cautiously optimistic. It’s not a sure thing that I’ll get into the university, although I am hopeful. It’s just so weird, I’m so close now! This could actually happen. It looks like music therapy may very likely be my career in a few years. Surreal.

I know myself, and I know I’ll be going crazy until I find out for sure. Until then, I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment